Sunday, August 9, 2015

Natural Hair: Lighting Hair Chronicles

Natural Hair Coloring



This isn't my first rodeo with ultra light hair. But I'm hoping with some of the anew advancements in color the outcome will be different. In the past I was trying to do to much with my hair being blonde. Straightening it daily and sometimes even perming it on top of color.  I am loving the color so far but I know I'm going to have to relearn the process of maintenance and care all over again.

Things I've noticed so far:


Instead of my cut being the style, the color has completely taken over.



Very minimal dry time. I'm assuming the hair is dryer to begin with now therefore air drying as long as I can then light defusing ( on cool heat) works best.

I still use the Cantu Conditioner and Garnier Curl Construct Moose to style after damping my hair daily with water. Remembering not to overwork the hair otherwise it gets really big and uncontrollable.


It's time for a trim for sure...coming later this week. I usually give myself a few days before I have my hair trimmed after such a drastic switch. Too much newness sometimes can be a bit overwhelming.  After I have a few days to settle into my new locks I can really access what I'm needing to make my hair better. I know if I need inches or milometers off.








New products I'm trying in upcoming weeks:

Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo and Conditioner



Deva Curls Ultra Defining Gel


Hair Products used for Coloring:
Olaplex
Lanza Healing Color

Colorist Information:
Angie Nelson
Salon La Shae
Concord, NC
704-564-9147


WATCH ME!



No comments:

Post a Comment