Friday, August 30, 2013

MakeUPbyKIANI Profile "Beauty and the Beat Workshop ATL"




There are few times in life you get what you pay for, let alone obtain the feeling you would have paid more for what you received!  The emotions I am trying to evoke are what I felt after attending the Beauty and the Beat Workshop in Atlanta GA on August 21, 2013.  The class was held by @RennyVasquez of BET and Essence Magazine fame and Miss Tatiana Ward better known as @BeatFaceHoney the YouTube sensation turned Celebrity Makeup Artist of @Brandy and @Nicki Minaj.  Yeah, serious players in the makeup industry yet on a personal level, seemingly on a mission to share their wealth of knowledge.  Renny and Tatiana have masterfully come together to give us all aspiring and professional makeup artist some amazing tools of the trade to better ourselves.  This “letter” so to speak is not to give away the tips I received yet to help those of you decide if you should or should not attend the class coming to a town near you.  I has an amazing opportunity to work alone side of Renny Vasquez in February 2013 at the @Bronner Brother Spring Show with @Mizani.  I was excited to have received such an amazing opportunity with Mizani but I quickly learned Renny was the real deal.  He has such an amazing gift of sharing knowledge and explaining.  I wanted to buy everything he suggested, market myself in a more efficient way and live my passion!  By the end of the weekend I felt a fire was reignited in my soul for my on again off again passion for the art of makeup and I had made a friend for life.
I had not had the pleasure of meeting Tatiana Ward in person but I have been a fan of hers on YouTube.  Let me tell you have not seen a cut crease until you can sit and watch this girl in action.  Absolutely, Positively AAAAA MMAA ZZING!!!  I felt tears come to my eyes once she was complete with her model.  I said to myself “I am never giving up on my dream of flawless application on myself or my clients.  I owe it to my craft to be the best I can and it’s okay to be me!  Those that know me might say I am a perfectionist when it comes to makeup application and very passionate about my craft.  I agree but realize there is always room for growth and improvement.  By investing in my future in this industry, this class also taught me to respect my craft, myself, and the end result will end flawlessly!  This letter is to those of you considering or contemplating attending the @BeautyandtheBeat class on tour now.  I say book a seat, the experience alone is worth the money!  The tips you will receive (even if only giving positive reinforcement) will make you a better artist.  Getting tips from not one but two people with proven results in the makeup industry is an opportunity anyone trying to better their makeup application skills would be misguided to pass up.  I would like to thank @Renny and @Tatiana for being amazing artist, passing on the knowledge and giving me a sense of justification for the artist I am and continue to strive to be.  Be blessed and continued success to the both of you. 

Kiani

Instagram: http://instagram.com/love_kiani

Twitter: http://twitter.com/love_kiani

Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/MakeUPbyKIANI




Watch Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment